Carondelet and Patch neighborhoods Devloments

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
This project would be a big boost to South Broadway in patch.
http://stlnabedev.tumblr.com/post/88672 ... 00-30-s-br

As of right now how would you describe these two neighborhoods? (for example quite, safe, rundown, ect.)
Higher crime and a little more rundown section of south city. Also currently experiencing prostitution issues.

However I think the area has a lot of potential and is ripe for redevelopment. Steins, So Broadway, Ivory Triangle, and Michigan have good bones that can see development. Also recent additions like Feraros, Stacked, and Perennial are making a difference.
downtown2007 wrote:
Higher crime and a little more rundown section of south city. Also currently experiencing prostitution issues.

However I think the area has a lot of potential and is ripe for redevelopment. Steins, So Broadway, Ivory Triangle, and Michigan have good bones that can see development. Also recent additions like Feraros, Stacked, and Perennial are making a difference.

Those problems are "up the hill" and not in what most people consider Carondelet. Yes they're technically in the Carondelet neighborhood: but that's in the very small section of the neighborhood that's on the west side of I55 and north of Bates that transitions into the Mount Pleasant and Dutchtown neighborhoods. That's where the higher crime and prostitution is occurring.

We looked at a number of houses in the Carondelet area between 55 and the river plus the Patch area. Almost pulled the trigger. Didn't have a problem with the area as I did my research. First I stopped into the firehouse on Virginia that services the area. The firemen I talked to all seemed honest. They said their section of Carondelet was quiet and their only activity was from the retirement home and older people living alone having health issues/passing away or to help out in other more active areas. I also went into a few of the bars in the area (Red's Bar, Pooh's Corner) and talked to some people. They also said everything was pretty quiet and said all the bad stuff was on the other side of 55. Their only issues was with the gay/down-low pickups going on at Sister Marie Charles park and drug dealing at Bellerive park.

I think that if we were Portland or Austin, the hipsters would be having fights over places and Carondalet/Patch would be very popular.

I'm not saying the Carondalet/Patch area is a lock to take off: but this could be the right time to get in.
That's good information. I like the area a lot. Especially around the Ivory Triangle.

How is the area around Iron Barley?
downtown2007 wrote:
That's good information. I like the area a lot. Especially around the Ivory Triangle.

How is the area around Iron Barley?

That's the questionable area. North of Bates: watch yourself.

I think the walkers got chased away. You'd see them all the time last year, waving to cars driving by. But I haven't seen any this spring.
They have targeted the area. The STL PD tweets a list of a Johns picked up every week.
Right before we moved out of town 2 years ago we drove down to Perennial on a Friday afternoon from our place in TGS. At some point along the drive I felt like suddenly I was in another place. I had never been down to the Triangle before. There were a few restaurants and bars with people sitting out on the curb, very quiet and a great neighborhood-y feel like no one else from the city ever bothers them. Now that we're moving back in a few weeks, getting back to Perennial will be on the list of things to check in on.
So it would not be a bad move if I chose to move there after collage and maybe rehab a house?
Redbrickcity wrote:
So it would not be a bad move if I chose to move there after collage and maybe rehab a house?

I'd put it towards the top of the list.
I just wandered through this area tonight. There was some sort of outdoor concert going on at the park on South Broadway near the Public Market.

It was one of those great St. Louis summer evenings, warm but not too hot yet. Lots of people sitting outside on their stoops or lawn chairs.

The whole area had that classic south side vibe going on. I really liked it. If I weren't so dependent on Highway 40 to get to work I'd definitely be looking to hang my hat in Carondelet/Patch
Carondelet Diner Now Open Under New Ownership

http://stlmag.com/Blogs/Relish/June-201 ... Ownership/
New bar for the Carondelet neighborhood. Looks like a good addition

https://m.riverfronttimes.com/musicblog ... carondelet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk