St. Louis Corporate Mergers, Acquisitions & Relocations

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
First unread post661 posts
framer wrote:Centene keeps growing:

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... da058.html
Centene is really booming...good to see a St. Louis company being aggressive!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To put it in perspective:

Revenue
2000 - $40 Million
2013 - $11billion
2015 - $22 Billion
2016 - $40 Billion
Projected 2018 - $60 billion
AMZN has been rumored to eye the healthcare industry. I wonder if a strategic alliance with Centene would help STL.
whitherSTL wrote:AMZN has been rumored to eye the healthcare industry. I wonder if a strategic alliance with Centene would help STL.
If not Centene than maybe Express Scripts?
moorlander wrote:To put it in perspective:

Revenue
2000 - $40 Million
2013 - $11billion
2015 - $22 Billion
2016 - $40 Billion
Projected 2018 - $60 billion
At this rate they could easily be in the fortune 100 in the next 5 years..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chalupas54 wrote:
moorlander wrote:To put it in perspective:

Revenue
2000 - $40 Million
2013 - $11billion
2015 - $22 Billion
2016 - $40 Billion
Projected 2018 - $60 billion
At this rate they could easily be in the fortune 100 in the next 5 years..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Centene was 66 this year.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc. ... source=dam
Wow.. they also could easily pass New York Life and Coca Cola in the next few years. Nice to see Express Scripts also high up at 22.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch. Up to 1000 formerly Scottrade jobs expected to be lost in STL.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 11197968C6
framer wrote:Ouch. Up to 1000 formerly Scottrade jobs expected to be lost in STL.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 11197968C6

Scorched earth

"The Scottrade name will ultimately be phased out, including at the Scottrade Center downtown. In October, TD Ameritrade initially said the arena’s name will be changed to TD Ameritrade Center — the contract for the naming rights runs through 2021 — but the company is no longer pursuing renaming the center after TD Ameritrade, Hockey said.

“It doesn’t make any sense to continue with the TD Ameritrade brand (on the arena) so we’ll sell it back,” Hockey said. No changes to the arena’s name are expected before 2018, he said."
framer wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 pm
Ouch. Up to 1000 formerly Scottrade jobs expected to be lost in STL.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 11197968C6
Ouch indeed,

The silver lining is maybe it will make sense for TD Ameritrade to move IT jobs downtown? Sounds like the one area that they might try to grow operations as expressed in article after taking the ax to corporate side.
Post just keeps on buying. Would love to see them make a move from their unassuming Brentwood office to a tower downtown.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/19/post-ho ... llion.html