Fazoli's on Chippewa

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
jrarnett wrote:
The owner of the Fazoli's building presented a plan at the neighborhood association meeting to convert it to a Jack In The Box. They said that Chick-Fil-A and a host of other companies turned it down. He apparently only solicited offers from national chains. The neighborhood association declined to support the conversion. I guess we will have to continue to drive a mile down the road for cheap tacos at 3am.


Probably afraid of St. Louis Hills.

And that spot probably couldn't take a Chick-Fil-A due to the lot size and shape. They'd want something bigger and deeper.
Or have other locations that will make them more money...Business is about making money.
They probably all turned it down because of the impending minimum wage hike.
dweebe wrote:
jrarnett wrote:
The owner of the Fazoli's building presented a plan at the neighborhood association meeting to convert it to a Jack In The Box. They said that Chick-Fil-A and a host of other companies turned it down. He apparently only solicited offers from national chains. The neighborhood association declined to support the conversion. I guess we will have to continue to drive a mile down the road for cheap tacos at 3am.


Probably afraid of St. Louis Hills.

And that spot probably couldn't take a Chick-Fil-A due to the lot size and shape. They'd want something bigger and deeper.


Lot size was the exact reason Chick-Fil-A turned it down. One of the burger chains said that Stl Hills wasn't affluent enough.

I personally wish Pint Size would relocate. They might have to rename the bakery quart size or pint size squared.
jrarnett wrote:
dweebe wrote:
jrarnett wrote:
The owner of the Fazoli's building presented a plan at the neighborhood association meeting to convert it to a Jack In The Box. They said that Chick-Fil-A and a host of other companies turned it down. He apparently only solicited offers from national chains. The neighborhood association declined to support the conversion. I guess we will have to continue to drive a mile down the road for cheap tacos at 3am.


Probably afraid of St. Louis Hills.

And that spot probably couldn't take a Chick-Fil-A due to the lot size and shape. They'd want something bigger and deeper.


Lot size was the exact reason Chick-Fil-A turned it down. One of the burger chains said that Stl Hills wasn't affluent enough.

I personally wish Pint Size would relocate. They might have to rename the bakery quart size or pint size squared.


I'll admit that "affluent" might not be the optimal word I'd use to describe any neighborhood in the City (the private places notwithstanding), but what fast food burger chain is too good for that location?
I'm wondering if it was something along the lines of Smashburger or Meatheads. Not exactly fast food, but kind of. Five Guys might be similar? I've actually never been to one so I don't know.
Noticed the gas station was up and running yesterday with a cheap, lighted "OPEN" sign and several people getting gas...didn't appear to be anything for sale inside the store, however. :shock:
Looks like the building is being repurposed as an IHOP.
I seem to remember an IHOP just across Chippewa somewhere right around there. Did the original one close?
Citified wrote:Looks like the building is being repurposed as an IHOP.
Strange. IHOP just announced today they are closing a bunch of stores.
framer wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 pm
I seem to remember an IHOP just across Chippewa somewhere right around there. Did the original one close?
Yes, torn down for extra parking and a set of ATMs.
Ebsy wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 pm


Yes, torn down for extra parking and a set of ATMs.
America in a nutshell, eh?
Link to PD story about closing stores:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/applebee-s ... 86ad4.html

Hidden within the headline is this:
Applebee's will take the biggest hit with 105 to 135 of its restaurants shutting down, said parent DineEquity. And 20 to 25 IHOPs will get the ax. But the two chains will open about 125 restaurants in new locations worldwide, the company said. Analysts said Applebee's has had a particularly hard time.