Cara Spencer on The Morning After this morning

A catch-all forum for urban discussion. If it doesn't fit elsewhere, post here.
Cara talks Scottrade Center update funding and other local politics. How do you think she did?

Segment 3 October 2017

http://insidestl.com/radio-shows/the-morning-after
Good interview. She's sharp. A huge outlier amongst the other 28. But it renews my feeling that the city will file BK in the future if this crap continues.

As for the Blues, if I'm Stillman I negotiate a deal with St. Louis County and Chesterfield and build a 27,000 seat palace in the Valley.
whitherSTL wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 am
Good interview. She's sharp. A huge outlier amongst the other 28. But it renews my feeling that the city will file BK in the future if this crap continues.

As for the Blues, if I'm Stillman I negotiate a deal with St. Louis County and Chesterfield and build a 27,000 seat palace in the Valley.
27,000 seats? That would be one of if not the largest NHL arenas.

This will be worked out.
Yes, 27,000. We have a huge need for a state-of-the-art indoor arena. HUGE...
whitherSTL wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 pm
There's already one just a few blocks away. Scottrade is already large as is. It fits the market perfectly.
Chalupas54 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:05 pm
whitherSTL wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 pm
There's already one just a few blocks away. Scottrade is already large as is. It fits the market perfectly.
I think it was sarcasm.
whitherSTL wrote:

Sharp is a push. She is a far-reaching progressive with great ideals that do not translate to reality. We don't live in a vacuum, we live in a competitive, capitalist society. I'd argue that while well-intended, her positions and actions have done more harm than good.
robertn42 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm
whitherSTL wrote:

Sharp is a push. She is a far-reaching progressive with great ideals that do not translate to reality. We don't live in a vacuum, we live in a competitive, capitalist society. I'd argue that while well-intended, her positions and actions have done more harm than good.

Who has she harmed?
robertn42 wrote:
I'd argue that while well-intended, her positions and actions have done more harm than good.
You just can't let the stop sign incident go, can you?

Installed on Wednesday: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/colu ... 19368.html

Removed on Thursday: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... e83a2.html

Like you've never installed your own traffic signs wherever you want.
^Hell, St. Louis' traffic "planning" seems to be based on a block-by-block basis, so we might as well.
jstriebel wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:27 pm
robertn42 wrote:
whitherSTL wrote:

Who has she harmed?
Taxpayers. Her actions have cost the city money and had a negative impact on current and future revenue streams.
robertn42 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:27 pm
Taxpayers. Her actions have cost the city money and had a negative impact on current and future revenue streams.
you've got to be kidding. please elaborate on how she's harmed city taxpayers--i want to see some numbers. have you noticed how she's trying to prevent city taxpayers from footing tens of millions of dollars in stadium upgrades that the lease agreement explicitly states are not the city's responsibility, the profits from which would go solely to the Blues ownership and which S&P warned will further decrease the city's credit rating? that's not even "progressive" it's fiscally conservative. yeah but that one stop sign... you just have some sort of personal vendetta against her.