We are literally talking about where to spend our food and alcohol money aren't we? I wouldn't take the frustration out on bars and restaurants. Someone name three places IN the city of St. Louis where you can buy socks and underwear? Socks & underwear: - Target - JCP - Burlington Coat Factory That...
We are literally talking about where to spend our food and alcohol money aren't we? I wouldn't take the frustration out on bars and restaurants. Someone name three places IN the city of St. Louis where you can buy socks and underwear? Name one place not named Target where you could by, say, a toaste...
The FHTC program isn't going anywhere. Trump has too many wealthy friends in the development game to cut FHTC much less a program started with much passion by his hero Ronald Reagan. It's a bargaining chip to gain concessions elsewhere. It's all politics. I'd be stunned if it gets axed.
ricke002 wrote:
leeharveyawesome wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 am
ricke002 wrote:

Then GTFO
ricke002 wrote:


You seem fun.
That's what most people do.

But, Ricke002, I'm not going anywhere. It's time for other people to GTFO.
You seem fun.
You say GTFO = genius

I say GTFO = no fun

Got it.

I'm next level fun, brother.
ricke002 wrote:
leeharveyawesome wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:28 am
I'd rather live in Nairobi than this area in its current state.
Then GTFO
That's what most people do.

But, Ricke002, I'm not going anywhere. It's time for other people to GTFO.
The Chippewa area needs an influx of immigrants. Latinos and Asians. Or pretty much anyone to displace the current residents. Give the current residents a one way ticket and a section 8 voucher to Houston or Atlanta. The amount of trash and garbage in the street is mind boggling. The problem is that...
I suppose you'll be happy to know that the cops never catch a good percentage of murderers in St. Louis. The murderers are mostly running loose in our emptied out little city every night.
Don't know that it's that much of a head scratcher. All valid points and won't disagree at all. Like most of my comments, they need context—a context that exists only in my head. So here goes— So I'm some guy visiting from, let's say, Toronto. Never been to St. Louis, know nothing about it. I look ...
^That's 70-75 hours a week for 52 weeks a year, no vacations or sick days. Fraud in the SLMPD...? Of course it's fraud. Just like the waste and fraud and stealing in every other department of city government and government in general. That's why I'm against every single tax increase and fee raise f...
5M judgment against Harris-Stowe in racial discrimination lawsuit. From the article: "Rarely have we seen such manifest and open evidence of racial discrimination," the appeals court ruling said. This won't help the budget. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/5m-award-upheld-white-professors-discrimi...
100+ new taxes in St. Louis region the last few years.
http://www.kmov.com/story/35647549/100- ... study-says
If cigarettes were $16 in Manhattan these people wouldn't be in jail (thanks Mayor DeBlasio). Or if Missouri cigarettes were more expensive. Right. Because if they were more expensive everyone would stop smoking Newports and blunts. Have you ever been out in the world? You ever been in the hood Map...
I've seen squad cars of police women blow past violent crimes in progress. But at least we are meeting quotas and looking all fair and stuff.
If cigarettes were $16 in Manhattan these people wouldn't be in jail (thanks Mayor DeBlasio). Mohammed Almuttan, aka Abu Ali, 35, St. Louis, MO Rami Almuttan, aka Abu Louay, 33, St. Louis, MO Hisham Mutan, aka Abu Mohamed, 41, St. Louis, MO Saddam Mutan, aka Abu Ali, 24, St. Louis, MO Mazin Abdelsal...
If true, and I hope you are right, looks like you log off the Internet, Baizuo. I looked this up but even after translating Baizuo as the Chinese version of "libtard", I still don't understand what this sentence is supposed to mean. Ok. I'll try to explain because I did forget a word in that post a...
So it's reported removal is expected to cost over $100K. I'm no fan of this monument but the city could surely spend $100K more effectively, right? I'm curious how this started. My vague recollection is that Slay originally brought it up - not sure if he was prodded to do so - if so, can't find any...
Removing statues that nobody knows existed is nothing more than this week's hottest trend that nobody will remember next week. But what the heck, if we're already wasting millions then why not do it.
And thanks for hipping me to Baizuo. This is super funny.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-2 ... ite-left-r
You literally couldn't find anyone who cared about these statues in the park until some corny virtue signaling white people come along and make some huge issue about it. But whatever. Go ahead and a waste the time and money and enjoy needlessly stirring racial things for no reason. Typical corny vi...
White people can't make burritos in Portland anymore.

https://pdx.eater.com/2017/5/22/1567776 ... ropriation
You literally couldn't find anyone who cared about these statues in the park until some corny virtue signaling white people come along and make some huge issue about it. But whatever. Go ahead and a waste the time and money and enjoy needlessly stirring racial things for no reason. Typical corny vir...
http://www.kmov.com/story/35484090/3-killed-5-injured-in-shootings-across-st-louis-sunday I find this interesting: Two happened on a busy stretch of Gravois, a state highway. The others were within about 1000 ft of a highway interchange, except the STL Co shooting. I've always understood that real ...
I like how the New York style park benches - black iron and dark green - curve around the landscaping. Nice touch.
Unfortunately, recognizing that humans are in fact diverse in their behaviors, actions and histories is not always cause for a celebration.
Bicyclist shot at Lafayette and Grand.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 634b8.html